Right and power of a company secretaryHello dear frinds here you will get The right and power of a Company Secretary, Company Secretary Right, Company Secretary Power. Depending on the companies Act and condition of the agreement, rights of a company secretary can be classified into following types:
Business communication degree solutions
(A) Consequential rights
(B) Contractual rights
(C) Rights recognized by the companies Act.
(A) Consequential rights: Consequential rights of a company secretary are as follows: Business communication degree solutions
1. Control office functions: As the principal officer of the company the secretary has the right to control the office functions.
2. Negotiation: A company secretary also has the right to negotiate with third party on company affairs.
3. Sign contracts: As the agent of the company secretary can sign agreements or contracts.
4. Sign documents: As an important administrative officer the secretary of the company has the right to sign in the documents of the company.
5. Remuneration: A company secretary deserves logical remuneration from the company.
(B) Contractual rights: Contractual rights derive from the agreement between the company and the secretary. On the basis of the agreement the secretary can enjoy the following fights: Business communication degree solutions
1. Authority: On the basis of the agreement company secretary can exercise specific authority.
2. Implementation of agreement: Company secretary can implement the agreement by which he is appointed.
3. Termination of agreement: As per provision of the agreement the secretary has the right to terminate the agreement.
(C) Rights recognized by the companies act: Rights recognized by the companies act are as follows: Business communication degree solutions
1. Commencement of business: As per companies act the secretary has the right to sign the declaration of the commencement of business.
2. Sign annual return: Within 60 days of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) the company secretary has the right to sign Annual return of the company.
3. Making statements: On behalf of the company the secretary can make statements.
4. Preferential creditor: If the company goes to liquidation then the secretary can claim his/her dues prior to others.
5. Attend in the meeting: The secretary also enjoy the right to attend in the meetings of the company.
6. Declaration of solvency: In case of voluntary winding-up the company secretary has the right to sign the declaration of solvency.