What are the general guidelines for choosing communication technology?Hello dear friend here you will get What are the general guidelines for choosing communication technology?The principles of selecting appropriate communication technology?
Modern technology makes the task of communication much easier, but to get the best result managers need to be more efficient. Each situation should be evaluated separately to select the appropriate media. General guidelines or principles of selecting appropriate technology are as follows:
2. Expectations of the audience: The key factor for effective communication is consideration of ‘you-view approach’, that is the attitude and expectation of the receiver should be given top priority. In case of technology selection it should be taken into account that- how or in what form the receiver want to receive the message.
3. Nature of the message: The technical aspects of a new product cannot be explained over telephone. It will be much better if a CD-ROM illustrated with photographs of the product is used for the same purpose. On the other hand to convey emotion or personal feelings a telephone call or a SMS might be best.
4. Presentation needs: Selection of technology also depends on the presentation need of particular information. For example, monthly sales report of a branch can be sent to the head office simply in the type-written from. But color graphics and other modern technologies can be used to send a catalogue to a foreign buyer.
5. Cost: Cost of sending a message also need to be considered while selecting a technology.
6. Evidential requirement: It a message need to be kept as an evidence for future reference then it should not be sent over telephone or any oral media. Any print media must be used to fulfill the evidential requirement.