What is a formal or long report?Hello dear friends here you will get what is a formal or long report? The feature of a formal report. The tone of a formal report is more analytical than informal reports. A formal report does not mean more formal language, it means the report is more detailed, more complex in nature.
Formal reports provide bases for decision making. It can be either informational or analytical. It includes not only presentation of data but also in depth analysis followed by recommendation.
1. Research based: Formal reports are prepared on the basis of findings of a research work.
2. In-depth analysis: The core concept of a formal report is in depth analysis of the topic or problem.
3. Long length: Usually length of a formal report is longer than that of other types of report.
4. Recommendations: Another unique feature of a formal report is, it provides recommendations for the solution of the problem.
5. Assist decision making: Last but not the least, formal reports help the management to take effective decisions on the basis of the findings and recommendations of the report.